How To Handle Your Emotions While Trading
April 16, 2012 (AAPLTrader) – Stocks can be rough at times and can be very intense for a person’s emotions. All people are human and mistakes will occur. Most importantly is that we learn from our mistakes, not to feed on the negative aspect of a mistake. Don’t let your emotions get the best of you when dealing with the market. Take deep breathes and stretch your body frequently.
Here are some bullet points to help with emotions;
- Eliminate the stress, stick with a game plan.
- Stay positive with your internal dialogue; pat yourself on the back every now and then.
- Keep your physiological response active; exercise, stretch, or take a brief walk to clear the mind.
- Maintain a clean work environment. When you are organized and clean with your surroundings, your mind feels more focused and not so clustered.
- Learn from your mistakes; educate yourself more every day.
Plan accordingly to how you want to take-on a trade. If you have a plan, your stress level decreases. Due to the emotional level all people have surrounding money and personal ego, trading can be very stressful. Clear your thoughts so you can make logical decisions, not on a whim because you feel like you need to make a trade or you need to make money, but because you have strategies that make you money and you use them at the right time.
Keep a positive internal dialogue with yourself, not a negative. If you are putting yourself down and not acknowledging the mistake, then you have a lot to learn if you want to succeed in the stock market.
The markets are experiencing a lot of turmoil today, so it’s a perfect opportunity to work on your emotional well-being.
Eric Consiglio – AAPLTrader Team
P.S. If you like this article, please feel free to share it with your friends.
in the World!